Over the years, the PA Foundation has awarded more than $1 million in scholarships to PA students, benefiting more than 1,400 future PAs. Scholarships are awarded based on the availability of funds provided through contributions from AAPA members, other individuals, and corporate partners.
Scholarship applicants must meet all three of the following criteria:
- Student member of AAPA
- Attend an ARC-PA-accredited PA program
- Successfully completed at least one semester of PA studies and in good academic standing
Recognizing that a diverse workforce is essential to improving healthcare delivery to underserved populations and reducing health disparities as the PA profession grows, the following scholarships are awarded to underrepresented minority students and those who are economically and/or educationally disadvantaged (see definitions of these criteria here).
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Endowed Scholarship — four $2,500 awards
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) Endowed Scholarship — six $2,000 awards
- Procter & Gamble Endowed Scholarship — six $1,000 awards
In addition, the following special focus scholarships are awarded:
- AAPA Rural Health Caucus Scholarship — two $2,000 awards to students from a rural area, who are committed to serving a rural community.
- Ron Pace Memorial Scholarship — one $1,000 award to Florida-based students who are veterans and in their second year of PA school. Named in memory of Ron Pace, a Florida Academy of Physician Assistants past president and AAPA Outstanding PA of the Year Award recipient, who served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years.
The 38 PA students who were awarded scholarships during the 2014 application cycle are listed here.
PA Student Scholarship Applications
The 2016 scholarship cycle will open in June.
Questions? Contact Caroline Pierce at email@example.com or 571.319.4510.
Additional Financial Aid Resources
Information about additional financial aid resources for PA students is available in the Student Academy section of the AAPA website.
PA Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the 18 PA students who were awarded scholarships during the 2015 application cycle.
Questions? Contact Caroline Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org.